Clinical Pharmacist Job Summary:
MGA Healthcare is seeking an experienced Clinical Pharmacist for a long-term opportunity at a major medical center in Alameda. In this role, you would be responsible for services including, but are not limited to, drug procurement, storage, and security; safe, accurate, and timely preparation and distribution of medications; clinical pharmacy services for patients; development of patient medication use policies; information services for clinicians and patients; and participation in technology assessments and quality assurance programs. If you're ready to take the next step in your medical career, here's your opportunity!
As an MGA Pharmacist, you can expect:
- A long-term, full-time position with competitive weekly pay
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, and more) after just 30 days of full-time employment
- 401(k) with company match
- 24/7 on-call support from your MGA team!
- Ensure that medications prescribed for and used by patients are safe and effective
- Obtain therapeutic histories and review and assess medication profiles
- Provide drug information to patients and health care providers
- Counsel patients in the proper use of medications and ensure understanding of desired effect related to their treatment and possible adverse reactions
- Process prescriptions and dispense medications
- Work in conjunction with physicians, nurses, pharmacy techs, and other pharmacists
We're looking for:
- An experienced Pharmacist with an active CA license
- Recent hospital or residency experience
- PharmD degree a plus!